It needs a new driveway, new garage doors, new fencing around the deck, new stairs, new posts/pillars, and LOTS of landscaping and T.L.C.
Any ideas????
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
My first thought is black shutters and a bright yellow front door. Plant some flowers - orange, red, and yellow, my daughter is nodding her head. It's a wonderful clean space to work with Suzann!
Now that you have posted this, I am remembering an email you sent me with these pics...checked it at work, then never got back to it; sorry about that.
Anywho, the first thought that came to mind is breaking up all that siding with some stone facing, maybe in the middle section around the door. Then making the front porch go the rest of the length of the house, kind of country-like. Is Chicago climate similar to ours? I'll send you names of some of my favorite flowers/plants that have done well for me.
If money was no object ~ extend the porch roof & the porch floor to make it a veranda. Put the new steps leading up the hill to the front door, get rid of the side steps. A bank of windows. Shutters.
Love the front door. Maybe repeat the molding around the current windows to dress them up?
I'd go for shutters first. Paint the shutters, front door, garage door and pillars a kind-of ochre (redish-brown). Something over the front door -- if not an eyebrow window, then some form of decorative piece in that shape. Then stand back and see where and what king of plants would compliment.
oh boy, this could be fun!! I would make a porch in the front that stretches the length of the house with those amazing pillars re-done adding some fabulous woodwork, repaint the exterior a wonderful grey color, add black shutters to all of the windoes and a red front door for a bit of pop. Re-do the entry way to the front door that would lead to the new porch in some sort of stone or slate to break up all of the siding and re-do the drive way with the same stone, then add some flowers, and some wonderful bushes...also looks like a huge tree in front of the house, I would **gasp** remove it so you open the front of the house up...ok, was that enough for ya! :) XO
Good morning to ya! About those colors... I think the wall color is relaxed Kaki and the trim ummm. Hang on because I will have to get my cards. I do know that they are both Sherwin Williams. I will let you know that name and number. I do love these colors because they go with anything I throw at it~
I probably would do some cosmetic things outside. That's what I did when we bought our house. I added black shutters (they used to be green) and I painted the door red and changed out the storm door. I'd plant something along the front of the porch like Knock Out Roses. Then I'd probably just do what needs to be done as money becomes available.
9 comments:
My first thought is black shutters and a bright yellow front door. Plant some flowers - orange, red, and yellow, my daughter is nodding her head. It's a wonderful clean space to work with Suzann!
I would start with a plan first. Just take it room by room and have fun~
oh thats tough...i suppose i would start with the most important items first...taking care of the not so fun stuff that had to be dealt with!
Now that you have posted this, I am remembering an email you sent me with these pics...checked it at work, then never got back to it; sorry about that.
Anywho, the first thought that came to mind is breaking up all that siding with some stone facing, maybe in the middle section around the door. Then making the front porch go the rest of the length of the house, kind of country-like. Is Chicago climate similar to ours? I'll send you names of some of my favorite flowers/plants that have done well for me.
How's the inside coming along?
If money was no object ~ extend the porch roof & the porch floor to make it a veranda. Put the new steps leading up the hill to the front door, get rid of the side steps.
A bank of windows. Shutters.
Love the front door. Maybe repeat the molding around the current windows to dress them up?
I'd go for shutters first. Paint the shutters, front door, garage door and pillars a kind-of ochre (redish-brown). Something over the front door -- if not an eyebrow window, then some form of decorative piece in that shape. Then stand back and see where and what king of plants would compliment.
oh boy, this could be fun!! I would make a porch in the front that stretches the length of the house with those amazing pillars re-done adding some fabulous woodwork, repaint the exterior a wonderful grey color, add black shutters to all of the windoes and a red front door for a bit of pop. Re-do the entry way to the front door that would lead to the new porch in some sort of stone or slate to break up all of the siding and re-do the drive way with the same stone, then add some flowers, and some wonderful bushes...also looks like a huge tree in front of the house, I would **gasp** remove it so you open the front of the house up...ok, was that enough for ya! :) XO
Good morning to ya! About those colors... I think the wall color is relaxed Kaki and the trim ummm. Hang on because I will have to get my cards. I do know that they are both Sherwin Williams. I will let you know that name and number. I do love these colors because they go with anything I throw at it~
I probably would do some cosmetic things outside. That's what I did when we bought our house. I added black shutters (they used to be green) and I painted the door red and changed out the storm door. I'd plant something along the front of the porch like Knock Out Roses. Then I'd probably just do what needs to be done as money becomes available.
Manuela
Post a Comment