When we last peeked in at the room, it looked a lot like this.
Then I started experimenting with my colors (again). Here is choice A with my favorite purple (yup, that's a wine glass - don't jude! LOL)
And here you can see me sampling my way fun winning from Sarah at A Beach Cottage.
As you can see, her giveaway really gave me the needed inspiration for the room, because hubby had me convinced that I wanted deeper, darker colors.
Here is my sample board with a sample piece of white trim. As you can see, I'm quite a visual person and I need to see things, play with them, and live with them before chosing.
Here you can see one of the darker colors (on the door) that hubby really wanted. I have a few more of these photos to show just how deep the color actually was.
Here is probably a better example of the darker colors that I didn't choose.
Hubby breaks out the paint, I'm there for moral support and to document the occasion via photos.
Not sure what he's looking at, don't stop working now buddy - keep rolling!
Just in case you were wondering, nope, the color is not white. It's a color. LOL. See, next to the white primer you can see that it IS a color.
Here is a photo of my new and enlarged linen closet with a light. It's so exciting to have a clean space just begging to be filled with perfectly folded items. Yup, I'm geeky like that.
Ummmm... Not sure this is legal honey. Probably NOT up to code. Yes, I live with a daredevil who wanted to show his wife how nice the linen closet light is before he added the electrical switch.
7 comments:
Oooh... everything is looking so good! I love seeing remodel projects, mostly b/c I just dream about it and live vicariously through other people's bravery. :)And that shade of purple is so pretty.
Looking good!! your hubby is so sweet to help with this...mine doesn't care for electrical fixes, so he would have done the same thing leaving the switch til last! Can't wait to see it all done!! :)
Looks like my house..cheers Michele
Hi Suzann! Coming along very nicely! I think you will definitely be happy with the lighter shade. I had almost that exact darker one and I got sick of it quick! This way you can use the purple or blue or both accents!!lol My dad and brother are electricians so I'm not gonna comment on the light switch!lol lol At least hubby is working hard and I applaud him for that! Now I'm off to decide on a bathroom paint color?????? Have a fun weekend - Sincerely, Jeannette
I like the purple best.
I don't envy you the work and the mess, but I do envy the planning and starting from scratch and picking out all the stuff for a new space. I'm a nut like that.
He did fix the outlet, right? Or do I need to call an inspector? :)
What a great post. Stopping by from SITS to leave some bloggy love!
Post a Comment