Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Adventures In Remodeling...

Well, the bedroom is painted.  No trim or ceiling and the new window has yet to be installed.  The main door and the closet doors have not yet been hung, but this gives you an updated view of where we are.  Still lots to do obviously.  




This is the view of the doorway looking from the room into the hallway.  Your view will move in a clockwise motion around the room.


This is the wall where the desk will go and above it will be a wall mounted system of organization.  Calendar, white board, etc.


The closet is finished and everything has been put back into it.  Thank goodness the mess is no longer all over the house.  The bins and baskets are all of my crafting items, fabrics, sewing stuff, etc.  There are even a few office needs in here as well.


Here is the window.  The old window.  It's in horrible condition, but we haven't had good weather for installing the new one yet.  It's sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.  





The full view of the window wall.  Yup, that's my shed out back.  I'm thinking of painting it red and white this summer.  What do ya think of that idea?


Here is the wall where the bed goes.  The bed has a long way to go before it's finished.  The big gaping holes in the wall are where the sconces will go.  I have no idea what that weird line in the photo is though.

This wall is where the antique dresser that I'm refinishing will go.  It should fit perfectly.  



This completes your clockwise tour of "my" room.  I hope to have more updates to show you very soon.


This is the ceiling in the closet that still needs to be painted and the light needs to be installed again.  The entire bedroom ceiling will be done in this same pine planking.


Here you get a better view of the bed.  It just has a blanket thrown over top of it.  It's been begging for me to order the pottery barn daybed cover.  But, I still have to make some final decisions on how I want to finish the sides and back.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like you have your hands full! I can't wait to come and see the finished result! I would love to clear out my house and start over... i guess having money would help!

anythinggoeshere said...

Looking good. Love eveything you've done. It will be juist great. xo Joan

Betty said...

You´re doing good, but still lot´s to do. I hope you´re still going strong.
That barn would look great in red with a white trim!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's looking good! Red and white would be cute for your shed! I have one too and it's white and black right now but we're painting it periwinkle this summer!

Manuela

mimi charmante said...

There is nothing like a good coat of fresh paint to make everything seem bright and new! Is that a barn I see in the bottom photo window?
Thanks for leaving a comment so that I could find you!
xo