.jpg)
Tonight we watched Bedtime Stories so I thought it would be fun to make up my own little story.
.jpg)
Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was a Queen who lived in the land of decorating. Now, the Queen had moved from her bestest Castle a few years ago and moved into the ugliest house in the land just to make her family happy. The Queen was so sad to leave her beautiful castle to live in the ugly house, nothing in the ugly house ever made her happy.
Queen Susu and King B began to tear down the walls and rebuild the ugly house, tearing down faux brick paneling, black carpeting, killing the mice and removing the ones that were already dead. They had to put up new siding, gutters and downspouts and a whole new roof. The doors and windows all had to be replaced too. The hot water heater exploded, a toilet did too. One day a pipe froze and then they were attacked by carpenter ants as well. The deck is bad, there's a leak in the garage, the inside was painted and painted and painted and the paint was peeling off the walls. Queen Susu and King B tore down drywall, added outlets, replaced studs and all hung new drywall. They laid tiles and hardwood and painted some cabinets. But, despite all their efforts, the ugly house still wasn't "home". Queen Susu was sad. Whatever would she do? She couldn't choose what to do in the house that just didn't fit. What decor would do in a house not fit for the Queen? Or had the Queen just lost her touch? So, she cried and yelled and played with samples and studied things in books and on line until one day the King told the Queen that the time has come to make a choice. You must decide once and for all how to decorate the castle and start living your life again.
So, the Queen chose and then she chose again and then she chose once more. She changed her mind, she panicked too - whatever is a Queen to do? The Queen was torn between her choices and this was very unlike her. Then the Queen remembered something very important. She had fallen in love with some homes on-line and in books and magazines so she turned back to them to see what she should do. She also sat back and thought about her previous 3 homes and remembered that she never worried about trends or lighting or any of those other details that were driving her insane. In her search she found a note she had made to herself about the house she loved. She also thought about all the things that she loved and forced herself to let go of how much or how little light a room got and went for what made her heart happy.
To avoid any further frustrations, the Queen ran out and bought the paint she needed for the project and let herself just let go of the worry. It was at that precise moment that the evil trolls from the land of doubt that had been tormenting her vanished, never to return again.
So, what did the Queen choose? Oh, the Queen is so happy. Here are the paint colors that the Queen purchased. She can't change her mind either. The paint is paid for and cost the kingdom entirely too much money for it not to be used.
For all the trim and the doors and the kitchen cabinets, the color chosen is Pratt & Lambert Lambswool

For the walls in the main living areas, the paint chosen is Pratt & Lambert Winslow Grey


The accents will still remain a cinnamon (paprika) color and a rich sagey green.
The dishes that will grace the table shall be ....
Mikasa Italian Countryside, a wonderful creamy color but plain enough to be forever in style and simple enough to go with any tablescape.
She went to Ethan Allen and found a farmhouse table, a hutch, some upholstered chairs and windsor chairs that would look amazing in her eating area. She is considering slate floors and a slate backsplash with soapstone counters too. Some black iron light fixtures and some wonderful black accents should make everything just fine. The bedroom will be simple, a place to unwind. She found some bedding that she loves, but needs to see it with the room. The Queen may not have her castle, but she's building her family a home.
The End.





6 comments:
I loved your story. I've had some problems making decisions at my house as well. It sounds like you found your "happy place" I'm so glad for you...
I hope we will get to see pictures!
How sad to have to leave a castle for a fixer-upper palace...
I'm so happy for you that you have made some choices and are on your way to making this house a home.
I love the colors; very soothing.
Thanks for stopping by. I love your site. I am now one of your followers.
I love a happy ending! Popped in from SITS!
Following you over from SITS... Love your story... my house is nothing like that castle pic, but I'm glad to hame a home!! Thanks!!
How very clever to turn this into a story. I loved it. And I love your color choices....your wall color looks so much like the color we used in our master bedroom...I was afraid I wouldn't like it...but I love it and am so happy with that room. I hope the same thing happens for you with your castle! And keep those trolls away! I'm sure it's going to all be gorgeous.
Post a Comment