Thursday, May 21, 2009

Light and Airy

This recipe box is so delightful that I must own one.  I don't just want this, I need this.  It was love at first sight.


Oh travertine.  I delight in travertine tiles.  I love the feel underfoot, the colors, the textures, the light and airy feel it gives.

Oh Pottery Barn.  This room is so welcoming to me.  I'm not sure what I love about it so much, but it's bright and cheery without being cold.  I just want to snuggle up with my stitching and a glass of sweet tea, turn on some Andrea Boccelli and get lost in the moment.

This is practical beauty to me.  You need to hang up your jacket, so make it useful decor.  I'm a sucker for rubbed oil or black iron and bead-board has a permanent place in my heart.  I also think this is a great idea for the bathroom to hang some colorful towels.  

Lanterns are a recent discovery for me.  Something about them makes me happy.  I've always loved candles, but lanterns are just, well, wonderful.  I love all shapes, sizes, and styles.  Of course, THESE are from Pottery Barn - cuz I do love me some Pottery Barn.

Okay, I tend to like punches of whimsy.  This wooden sign from Pottery Barn is just so stinking awesome that I want it, I need it, I so gotta have it.  What a great piece!

Another PB photo.  You can see that awesome flag again, but I love the table and the light fixture is just so unusual that for some reason I like it.  The centerpiece is great and I swear I'm going to do that.  My girlfriend did it once a gillion years ago and I thought it was cool then, but I especially love it in the steel containers.

Okay, what's NOT to love about this kitchen.  Goodness knows where I found this picture, but I've been oogling over it ever since.  Those cabinets are a dream and those floors are just to die for.
Something about whites and blues makes me happy.  I love how everything is so peaceful and calm in this room.  Who ever owns this must be a happy person.  I have long since forgotten where I found this photo, but it's another favorite.

Oh this kitchen is dreamy to me.  I love that the things that pop out at you are subtle.  The color of the flowers, the fruit on the counter - otherwise it's just perfect softness.  And I just love a farmhouse sink in any setting.  Again, not sure where this photo comes from, but it's a lover for sure.

Did ya like dreamin' in the light and airy sense with me today?  Any make your heart skip a beat?

11 comments:

Cassie said...

We seem to have very similar taste, since I love theses looks too. The blue and white is my favorite. Have a great day SITSta
:0)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Beautiful inspiration photos! I always like receivng my PB catalog. I've found lots of lanters at Goodwill in the past few months!

Manuel

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love these too. We don't have a pottery barn here (boohoo); but we do have Home Sense which, I believe, carries similar products (minus lots of furnishings). I droll every time I visit that store (tomorrow!!).

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - Hope you have a wonderful day today. I love that recipe box...it is so adorable.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ahhhhh. Such beautiful images. Would like to stay in them all morning. Don't worry...you won't even notice me.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love all your light & airiness today. Thanks for sharing your inspiration photos. And thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment. It really means a lot to me.

nikkicrumpet said...

great inspiration rooms. I love the beige tone on tone. I did my master bedroom that way and it's still one of my favorite rooms....and those Pottery barn pillows with the seahorse and octopus...FABULOUS!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Miss Light and Airy,
Yes,it was lovely to dream a little with you....the kitchens are to die for! Thanks for stopping by today and saying hey.....hope your evening is a good one!
Warm regards, Laura

Magic Moonlight said...

You all are so wonderful to me....I want to send each and every one of you a gift!!!
You are my inspiration!
I just want to say thank you so much for such sweet kindness and friendship that is expressed in each and every comment.
Please email me your adreess to send you a special friendship tag, I made just for you!
Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing Week and Hope you win my Giveaway!

Unknown said...

Great post...How i want those kitchen cabinets in the last photo!

Anonymous said...

Yes Suzann! I did like dreamin and my heart skips a beat every time I pick up my PB catalogs!!! I adore everything and am still trying to achieve "the look" here!! I'm going to get that look one way or another! I too want to curl up in that first room with some mags! love the monogram knobs on that recipe box too!(although I'd use it for something else??) I just started a small cross-stitch so I'll be "stitchn" this weekend! Have a great one - Jeannette