Crazy busy here, but I had to share that it looks as though a decision has been made.
You know all about my decorating dilemma on whether to choose tile or wood for my kitchen.
Hubby and I love both. We can see either in our home.
We thought we had decided tile floors and rustic deep distressed and stained cabinets.
Then I happened across a blog and fell in love with the warmth of the wood floors.
I love love love wood floors.
Our house is small and kinda dark.
I have always been a color girl. A LOT of color.
Red, Bright Yellow, Chocolate Brown, Mocha, Periwinkle, Electric Blue, Lime Green.
Once before I dreamt of light, bright, breezy, beachy, simple colors. I chickened out.
I'm not chickening out this time. The simplicity of it makes my heart happy.
So, we're doing big fat 9 inch wide planks of pine wood on the floor on staining them ourselves.
(hubby used to install and finish hardwood floors)
We're doing the entire main living area. We'll be living in the downstairs for a while when this happens.
Creamy white cabinets will be in the house to match the creamy white doors and trim.
I'm excited to know for sure what the "plan" is.
But there is a new dilemma...
The main living space needs some TLC.
Wall or no wall?
What to do, what to do.
Photos to come on THAT dilemma. Hopefully you will help.
So, do you ponder and change your mind again and again?
Do you love so many styles that it makes choosing difficult?
Does your heart love one thing and yet your fear keeps you from choosing that and you go with the safe road?
I'd love to hear how YOU chose the cabinets and flooring and paint colors in YOUR house.





4 comments:
Joe and I are both drawn to warm colors, natural wood/stone and different textures. Makes deciding so much easier. He is in the middle of redoing our bathroom, and since he is doing all the work, I let him do all the choosing. And guess what? I love it!
When we built this house, Pottery Barn was my inspiration. Not that I can afford their stuff, but it did inspire me :)
The pine floor sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it!
The pine floor will be beautiful! I am the breezy airy beachy kind of style but I love some color too that stands out...
I do chicken out sometimes because I worry if I mess up ~ can I fix it:)
I love hardwood floors everywhere but the kitchen because of the frightening experience we had with unknown mold from a small leak we thought was fixed and it grew under the whole kitchen floor and actually grew on the walls. After we had to go through all that and 30,000 dollars later for mold decontamination and tear out the walls too on the first floor we swore no wood floor back in the kitchen or baths where water is inevitable.
But the pictures are pretty. They really are.
Otherwise our house is Dutch colonial and I like blues and reds and I also have a bedroom upstairs that is now the guest room that has shabbby roses and pink in it.
I think the best part to remember is to keep your more permanent structures neutral colors and then you can have the ability to change the decor more often, which can change the whole look.....
and you know, us women, love to change our minds sometimes.....LOL
Jennifer
oh that sounds so lovely, your cabinets and the floors will look smashing together! I think you will love the wood! Can't wait to see photos! happy weekend~
Post a Comment