
One thing I love about the Christmas season is watching those wonderful Christmas movies.
We have a lot of movies and I try to buy one new movie each year to add to our collection.
My absolute, #1, all-time favorite Christmas movie is It's A Wonderful Life.

Unfortunately my family does not share my enthusiasm.
They prefer to watch my least favorite movie.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Every single year I have to suffer through this movie.
So, I would love to know.
What is your favorite and least favorite Christmas movie?
5 comments:
I LOVE Christmas Vacation! Suffer through it? I laugh my head off every time and I've seen it thousands. Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Drummer Boy, Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, the Night Before Christmas, Deck the Halls, All the Santa Clause Movies with Tim Allen, The Grinch...but the number one most favorite of all is The Christmas Story, it's set in Indiana (Ft. Wayne to be exact) and Ralphie is an incarnation of my husband. They look like identical twins.
Clearly we were separated at birth. I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life. I cry each and every time, and I cried when Jimmy Stewart died in real life. My dad and I used to watch that movie every year, at least three or four times. My kids don't like it, either. Man, I wish you lived closer.
My other favorite is A Christmas Story, about the Red Ryder BB gun. Hysterical. And the kids DO like that one.
(I have NEVER seen National Lampoon's Christmas movie. Nor do I plan to. Shhh...)
My favorite is a toss up between "It's a Wonder Life" and the original Scrooge movie "A Christmas Carol" with Allister Sim.
My daughter tells me that my least favorite Xmas movie is "Christmas with the Cranks". She's put the fear of God into me about that one so badly, that I haven't even attempted to watch it. But the National Lampoon movie would also come in pretty close on least favorite.
My absolute all-time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. Very closely followed by Miracle on 34th Street. The original only.
Least favorite? hmmmmm. Probably the Nightmare Before Christmas.
Your favorite is my favorite too! I also love the old How the Grinch Stole Christmas and still watch it every year as an adult!
My least favorite are the newer ones that seem to just focus on the greed and bad manners that happen this time of year.
blessings
mary
Post a Comment