Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just Talkin'

Well, the Christmas season is off and running full speed.

Thankfully I'm almost done shopping.

It's a lean Christmas here at my house.

But, truthfully, we are blessed with much more than many people have.

I'm not complaining, really I'm not.

I just wish I could give the people I love everything that their hearts desire.

But I can't.

Here's what I have been doing...

My daughter has wanted me to read the Twilight series. I've been reluctant. I finally realized that I should just do it so my daughter and I can see the movies and talk about the books. Will I be Team Edward or Team Jacob? This remains open at this point.




On a whim, I grabbed my husband and my son Thomas and we went to the movies. There are several I want to see. Given the choice, Thomas chose Old Dogs.





This movie was absolutely hysterical. I mean laugh out loud funny. It was great and I don't regret for one minute going to see it.

There are two more "must see" movies right now at the theaters.

First is Precious, based on the book PUSH (which I read). This book was out of control intense and I must see this movie.




The other is The Blind Side. I cry at the trailers for this movie, so I know I must see this as well.




Other news?

I've been stitching again. It's been a wonderful release for me in the evenings. Really calms me down.

I found a quilt that I am in love with for the master bedroom. Now I hope that once I put it on the bed and drag out some fabrics I have and some accessories - I will be able to pull it all together. Fingers crossed.

The house is decorated for Christmas.

I chose not to put everything out.

Given all the drama and chaos of this past year, I felt I needed to keep things simple.

I'm having a simple, chaos free Christmas this year.

My heart says this is the right thing to do.

6 comments:

Loree said...

Sometimes it is the best thing to do. Christmas shouldn't be about the stress.

Heather said...

Just talkin' back here:

I love your new background. And I'm off to the website to pick out one of my own.

A chaos free Christmas sounds delightful. Focusing on making some great memories with old traditions and maybe some new ones around here. Those are the things the kids love anyway...

Stitching again? That's great! I know just how you feel, and of course I blogged a little bit about it today (we're too much alike, chicka).

And now you must put "Favorite Things" on your playlist...

beachvintage.com said...

I am glad you have been stitching....and seeing some movies. I want to get to the theatre too this Xmas. Thanks for the review.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

A chaos free Christmas sounds good!

We want to see Old Dogs the trailers look so funny. The other two I'll have to wait for them to come out on DVD. I'm a terrible cryer!! I sob and then I have to leave the theater with my eyes and nose all ready and blotchy looking! So I watch those types at home were I can wail as much as I want!

Manuela

Unknown said...

A simple, chaos free Christmas sounds just perfect to me!!

Are you going to Kasey's event on Sat.? I was thinking she said you were coming...I'll be there and would love to meet you :)

Oh, and yes, The Blind Side was a great movie!!

:) T

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Suzann:
I'm with you, dear. A handmade Christmas, simple trimmings and no hustle and bustle. Just remember that "less is more"...and you've probably put much more thought into the gifts you did purchase than many do with ALL the gifts they purchase.
By the way...I love your wintery blog look!
Blessings,
Donna