Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Inspired to Achieve


Have you ever had a dream?

A dream where you achieve that goal that you thought was truly unrealistic?

Do you ever really think about why you don't just go for it?

Is it the fear of failure or the fear of success?

Is there anything that you just decided to do and said to hell with the what if's?

I'm not good with the new and unknown.

I have become afraid. Afraid of too many things. I'm really tired of it.

I'm angry with myself.

This has been going on too long.

Last night I was inspired. I found inspiration quite unexpectedly.

Sometimes I think we need to find the courage within us to just do it.

Risk it all. Take a chance.

2010 is going to be my year of change. The year I learn to take chances again.

No more excuses.

So, tell me, is there something you achieved by reaching outside of your comfort zone?

Do you have a nagging dream that you still haven't tried to make a reality?

Do you take chances or are you more like me?

Really, I'd love to know.

12 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

Some risks still scare me but mostly I just go for it. Someone once said to me "You're a long time dead". So true.

Faye said...

I so need for 2010 to be my year of rebirth to! I did find success in 2008 with weight loss...shear determination to not have aching knees drove me adapt that one day at a time mentality....2009 was not as kind to me, but I, like you, feel an intense sense of rebirth for 2010 to find that drive again find that accomplishment that I nearly acheived earlier. WE CAN DO IT!~~

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Suzann:
I happen to be an adventurer. I know that makes me somewhat unique, but I know that if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish your hearts' desire. I'll be here in 2010 to cheer you on. I can't wait to see what you do. Go for it!!!
xoxo
Donna

Loree said...

It's not easy to take chances and leap into the unknown. I have the same problem.

Kasey said...

change is not easy.
but i believe you will take the leap and come out on top.
mwaw!
see you saturday;-0
xo

Heather said...

One thing I am bad about when it comes to risk-taking is when it involves money. I have always had to have a secure job and a steady income; Joe, on the other hand, would love to quit his job and try to make it on his own as an entrepreneur. Too bad he has me for a wife...When you have three little mouths to feed, it's just too crazy.

I can't wait to see what 2010 holds in store for you! You go, girl!

AuroraSuzette said...

I hear you about fear. I too have been experiencing too much of that. I'm feeling like I need to 'reinvent' myself, or more, what I do to earn a living. Love my job, but am challenged to discover a new path lately. I love to write; that's what drew me to blogging. 2010, eh? I'm with you.

Anonymous said...

this is the first year where I've really stepped out of my comfort box and just gone for my dreams. Brave Girl Camp and finishing my first 1/2 marathon ended up being 2 of the greatest highlights of my year! Go for it girl! Go after your dreams!

Kathy said...

Going for something new can be very scary. Especially as we get older and more set in our ways and being comfortable with the status quo.

This past year has been one of change for me. The first without my Mom and without being a 24/7 caregiver. And thanks to my some pushing by family members and myself I am making changes.

One of those involves pursuing a dream I have had since I was a child. To own and show my own dog. I have started and we will continue into 2010. And while it is tiring I am loving it.

So go for it!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! take that leap of faith and see what happens! I took a leap with my store, and honestly I have loved every minute of it and it has taught me a lot about people, having a little busimess of my own and my own strengths and weaknesses! 2010 is your year!

Unknown said...

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow and talking about this very subject!
Cheers!
Jill

Leslie said...

Hi Suzann....I'm new to your blog...but wanted to tell you I'm right there with you! I was just thinking these same thoughts last week!!! I'm am finally taking steps to move toward something I have been dreaming about doing for 20 yrs! 2010 is going to be the year of change! Enjoyed reading your blog...take care!