Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Post YOU made.

1. what is your favorite color...I know this can change, so what is it now? Currently, my favorite color is white. I know that sounds strange, but it's true. My heart goes pitter pat when I see things that are white. I can't help it.


2.
how did you meet your hubby?
Originally I met my husband in 7th grade. He was "dating" my dear friend Deanne and I had a mammoth crush on him. His cousin Bobby and I have been best friends for forever, so when Bobby came by in 1991 to show me pictures of his house he just purchased it was no big deal, except there was my husband at my front door. We were married almost 5 months to the day after that.

3.
what do you want to be when you grow up?
I either wanted to be a journalist or a teacher. I grew up to be neither.


4.
if you could go anywhere and money wasn't an issue where would you go and with whom? If I could go anywhere, I would want to travel the United States on the back of a Harley Davidson. No schedule, no plan, just free. I would love to say that I would love to go with my husband, but I don't think it would be something he would enjoy. So, I guess I don't know who would be the perfect travel partner.

5. You said you are your own boss. What kind of work are you in? Is it a home business? Is that too nosy? :) Not too nosy. I said ask me anything. Currently we own a printing company. I do the operations end of things while my husband handles the manufacturing portion. I would love to get out of this business and we've even talked about it. We're talking about moving to another state and starting over. But, with kids it's not quite that easy. We'll see, perhaps we still will.

6. Have you ever laughed so hard that you thought you may actually fall down with the effort and if so why and when?
This is a GREAT question. LOL. For me it is. I am a crazy laugher. (is that a word) If I am in a mood and something sets me off I have laughed beyond physical control. I do it all the time. Sometimes even a thought in my mind can set me off. My husband doesn't laugh very often and he doesn't get this about me at all. So yes, I have laughed till I cried, I have laughed till I fell down, I've even laughed till I peed my pants. LOL

7. What's the best purchase under $100 you've ever made? Goodness this is probably the most difficult question I have gotten. I am not even sure what to say. When I look back over my life and the memories and things that have made a difference in who I am today, I cannot say that anything I purchased stands out in my mind. Except for one. 10 years ago I purchased the nicotine patch and quit smoking for good. Probably the smartest thing I've ever done for my health.

8. What is your favorite vacation place? Don't laugh, but I've never been one to vacation. We didn't really do much when I was a child and I haven't vacationed as an adult either. I've been to Las Vegas, but that's my biggest travel. If I could plan the vacation of my dreams...I would vacation in Nantucket ride bikes, go for long walks, stay in a cottage, be on a beach.


9.
What is your favorite childhood memory? Okay, this is tough for me. But, the best memory I have that effects my life today is when my mother forced me to walk 3 doors down to the house of the family that just moved in, toting my ants in the pants game where I asked Lorinda to play with me. She and I were 6 years old and we're still friends today.

10. What inspired your blog name? I did post about this, but I'll sum it up. I love cottages. I love the small, intimate setting and the history and love that I feel from them. I love olive, the color as well as what the olive represents. In my heart, The Olive Cottage means The Hope House. This is truly what I would love to give myself and my family.

11. most embarrassing moment. Goodness - I have so many that I can't imagine which I should choose. The one I'll give you is the one that I get made fun of the most for. Forever ago we were getting our first computer from Gateway delivered via UPS. I was so excited and so anxious that I had been waiting for days on end. So one day I heard the UPS truck coming round the corner and I decided to hurry up to see if he was bringing me my computer. I rounded the corner, hit the first step, and flew down 14 stairs and slammed into the front door. The UPS Man was standing there patiently waiting was quite mortified to see me through the glass panes in the door, but he had my computer. LOL. I sprained my ankle but did manage to reach up and open the door for him. From that day forward he would beep the horn as he rounded the corner so I never felt the need to "rush" to greet him again. My family reminds me of this day very often.

12. what is polyester made of? I haven't got a clue.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your answer to the most embarrassing moment. I could just picture it all. So funny. But, glad you didn't get hurt badly. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, since 7th grade?!

Anonymous said...

white was my favorite color but it's fall now so it's changed to cream. That's so neat that you made such a long term friend! Good for your mama!

Heather said...

I can just envision a little version of you with that Ants in Your Pants game walking down the street. What a gift your mom gave you, the gift of making your very own friend (I love that you're still friends!).

And I'm still chuckling out loud at the UPS story. I can just imagine the expressions on both of your faces :)

Susie said...

What a great gettiing-to-know-you post:-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a cool post - loved it!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi!

Someone once told me polyester was made from plastic bottles--don't know if it's true!

Anonymous said...

he he, I am laughing at the last one, cause well I would totally do that too! great questions and answers...I am not much a traveler either!

Let it Shine said...

Great post!!!

Alyshia