

Okay, so I love the YES dance. Have you seen the YES dance? Can you do the YES dance? It's very popular in my house and when my daughter went to cheer camp, they did it there too. Okay, that's not what this post is about.

This post is about No.
I found a new doctor. I like him. He's someone who takes a whole hour to be with me and talk. Not once, not twice, but the three times I have been there.

He's taking me off medications.
He did a complete blood work-up.
He found out that all of my blood counts are wonderful, except...
My cholesterol. My heart.
(yes, despite that fact that the running joke is -
don't you need a heart to have heart trouble?
Yup, I got me one)
My "good" cholesterol is good.

My "bad" cholesterol is dangerous.
My blood pressure is also very bad.

I have to make huge changes in my life.
Hence, the "NO"
There will be lots of cuts, but we're taking baby steps.
For now, for the next 7 days...
Just to get started...
No Fast Food

No Red Meat

No Milk

No Cheese

No Starbucks

No Sugar

No More Diet Coke

That's 7 things for 7 days and then I'll add another ???

6 comments:
GOOD LUCK....
COULD DO IT ALL BUT THE COFFEE :)
out viisitnig today...
mona & the girls
Oh, honey. I feel for you.
So glad you found a doctor who will take the time and listen to you. So very important.
What on earth are you going to be able to eat?!
I am on a big no-fast-food kick right now. I've already lost 3 pounds in the past 3 weeks. Here's hoping the same works for you :)
Kudos to you for focusing on your health!
OH DEAR! That sounds tough! But it's necessary, so go, go, go girl! You can do it! (And being off the meds is wonderful)
Oh my you are so young to be having this problem! Whew!
But you can do it, you can, I know you can........
Get you some Omega 3 Fish Oils and take 3 caps daily. This helps lower cholesterol (the bad kind) and is great for your heart. You can get them at Walmart. There are also Omega 6 and 9.
You really just want the Omega 3 because they balance out the bad cholesterol in the diet.
Decaf coffee should be ok.
Instead of cutting milk out entirely, just 1 or 2% maybe.
Exercise, lots of exercise helps too.
Your right on fast food. I think that's the number one thing for everybody now a days. Especially it elevates the triglycerides.
I'm trying not to be in the work mode now, but try all you can before going on lipid lowering meds because I've heard so many people have muscle aching and feeling pretty bad on those meds.
Maybe 1 glass of red wine in the evening too.....LOL
Really, it's supposed to work! ;)
Jennifer
Stopping by from SITS.
It's really hard to overhaul your diet all at once. I don't eat meat at all (my body can't digest it) but luckily I love, love, love fruits and all veggies! Good luck to you! (I could not give up my Dr. Pepper though. It's happiness in a bottle to me!)
~Lori
www.petersonstlouis.com
Stopping by from SITS!
I had to give up a lot of the same foods due to health issues as well (this was SEVERAL years ago) and I am completely healthy and medication free. It can be done! Diet is the most important medication you have! Hang in there :)
I'm glad you have a good doctor that is willing to go the extra mile with you!!
Post a Comment