
Life isn't perfect.
Sometimes it's not even good.
The challenge seems to be in maintaining a positive attitude despite whatever troubles come your way.
Things have been a challenge for me the past few years.
Some days my attitude has been less than positive.
Lately I've been making an extra effort to find something positive in every day.
Simple changes in the way I face each day.
Twice this week I have been made a proud mama.
My eldest son chose to go to college. He filled out papers to get the funds he needs to make his dream come true. He admitted he was wrong in the choices he has made in the past couple of years. He's maturing. I'm proud.
My daughter was asked to participate in a leadership summit. She was the only girl on her squad chosen. It is a huge honor. She also qualified to be on the competition cheer squad. She has worked very hard at this. If her tumbling continues and progresses she will be on the Varsity Squad next year. She's a good kid. I'm proud.
My littlest guy is the cherry on my sundae. He always makes me smile. He's full of love and funny thoughts.
I'm trying. It's not easy.
One day at a time.
My glass is half full.
12 comments:
I really like your blog. Found you at Thought Threads. Is the picture of the glass taken by you? I like the pictures of the cars in the earlier post. Hope tomorrow finds your glass full!
Hope you have a wonderful day today! Sounds like you're raising some wonderful children. :-)
pk @ Room Remix
It sounds like your 'cup runneth over' !!! I am happy for you.
Take care,
Carolyn
Sounds like you are one proud mama and rightly so! Something I have done, not lately, but I should, is keep a blessings journal. You can carry it with you or do it at night but each day write three ways you or someone you know/saw was blessed that day. Helps you look on the bright side and appreciate the good things. :)
I am so excited for you for your kids' victories! You are a wonderful momma, and seeing the fruits of your labor is your reward.
I'm a glass-half-full kind of girl myself. I probably drive other people crazy with my perpetually positive attitude, but that's how God made me, and I can't fight it.
My dad was a half-empty kind of guy, and life was always so hard for him. If he would've won the lottery, he would've complained about the taxes he had to pay on the winnings, I swear.
Here's to being half-full kind of gals!
Love this post. So important to look at the good things, to have gratitude in our hearts! :)
It's hard to keep a good attitude sometimes! Congrats to your daughter and that's really wonderful that your son is making good choices - you have every reason to be proud of them.
Manuela
i'm a half-full gal, but attitudes seem more challenged as the holidays arrive....great blog!
~Wonderful news Suzann! Your children are amazing and you are a proud Mom. You should be!
I'm glad you are doing well these days. Being positive is a really important part of it.
Many blessings my friend, ~Melissa :)
I am happy your son is going to college...that is so important unless you really have a good 'trade'.
Have a great day!
sandy toe
Isn't it amazing when everyone is in a good place? I asked my second son who was having a particular bad attitude few days, do you see the glass half full or half empty? He answered "half empty." I talked to him about changing his perspective and he just didn't want to. I was in the kitchen. I wanted to grab a frying pan and smack one of us over the head with it! Perspective is choice!
BTW, my 3rd one is joyful, funny, and full of love, too! It's a 3rd born trait!
I loved your post. I love these moments and if I cannot have one myself today, I'm glad I shared yours!
Love this post...I'm a glass is half full kinda girl!
Post a Comment