
Rules:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
My buddy Heather nominated me for this award. She is probably one of the most amazing women I have had the honor of meeting while blogging. She is truly a good soul and I think she rocks, so I am really stoked that she nominated me. Give her a visit, you'll be glad you did.
7 things you might not know...
1. I am the oldest of three girls. I do not have a relationship with either of my sisters. We have chosen paths in life that go in opposite directions.
2. Due to the circumstances that have effected my life in the past 12 months, I have found myself cut off from my entire biological family. I am learning to accept this situation and each day becomes easier than the last.
3. I have made choices in my life that I am ashamed of. Choices that have altered the course of my life. I am thankful that despite these choices, I am a child of God and HE will not forsake me. I am thankful that I can turn my back on those choices and come back to the Lord and He is waiting with open arms.
4. I am on my second marriage. My first marriage was a disaster that lasted only a few months. I have often thought that I should contact my ex-husband and apologize for what happened.
5. I am a work in progress. I am ever-evolving. Each day I learn something new about myself. I am learning to love myself.
6. I am over-weight. I am embarrassed of this fact. I was skinny my entire life, until having my son almost 9 years ago. It has made me very self-conscious of myself - my appearance. The medications I have been on have caused me to gain additional weight. It's an evil vicious cycle.
7. My most favorite thing in the world is being a stay at home wife and mother. I wish that it was my only responsibility, but it is not. I still have to work. But, most days I can work from home and for that fact I am beyond thankful.
I'm horrible about nominating. Truly Horrible. So, I nominate this award to everyone who wants to participate.
3 comments:
Okay, number 3 is so well written it almost made me cry. Haven't we all made choices that we are ashamed of? I know I have. I love the vision of the Lord waiting for me with open arms, if I only have the guts to run to him.
I'm so sad for you about the sisters and the family drama that you have had. I have a sister that I have not spoken to in years; I hate that I don't have a relationship with her, but there really isn't any other option at this point in our lives.
Truly we are a work in progress. God only reveals His plans for us a little bit at a time (could we even handle any more than that?). We simply need to have patience.
Love this post, Suzann. I love learning more about you. You really are my sista-chicka-friend.
It is amazing that sometimes the hardest problems we have to deal with are our families who are supposed to love unconditionally and be a safe place to learn from. So many women in my age group haven't experienced that. I want to show my children how to grow old in marriage, grow old in The Lord. I want them to run into my arms when they need that support, but to run free down the path God made for them when they don't need that.
There a great book under my Moms Must Haves that talks about setting healthy boundaries which we need to be emotionally, spirituall, and physicall healthy.
Thanks for visiting me today. You comment so blessed me!
You certainly deserve this award, too! I'm sorry to hear about the relationship you have with your family. That must be hard.
Post a Comment