Amy from Living Locurto has started an event for bloggers to share their husbands with blog-land. I've decided to join in the fun. So here are some fun facts about my other half.
1. He is technically 2.5 months younger than me and he reminds me and everyone else that he married an older woman every chance he gets.
2. I had a crush on him in 7th grade (he didn't know who I was) and then I didn't see him again until 1991.
3. My best friend (Bobby) is my hubby's cousin - that's how we met.
4. We met on August 10th and got married on March 14th (he didn't want me to get away - LOL)
5. He is probably the handiest guy I know. He can build things, fix things, do electrical, tile, plumbing, etc. We've remodeled 4 houses and 98% of everything he has done on his own (okay, I do help). I'm very fortunate!
6. I knew he was a great guy when he asked me to make him notes on how to do the laundry and wash diapers (yes, I used cloth diapers - pins and all.)
7. When we met, he not only fell in love with me, but he fell in love with my son Victor who was 10 months old at the time. He even traded in his pick-up truck for a 4-door Toyota Corolla so that he could be a super-dad. (he adopted Victor in 1992)
8. He works super hard so that I can stay home and take care of our family. He even quit his job and opened up his own company so that we would have more stability. (so far that gamble has worked out for us)
9. He has no sense of humor and often doesn't get my dry humor, but he tries.
10. He cannot stand to have anyone touch his nose - for any reason
11. He won't watch scary movies
12. He cannot relax, ever
13. Until he met me he never ate vegetables or fruit; we're breaking him down though and he's eating some now (yes, he grew up in a bizarre household)
14. He wore the wrong size shoes for years and just thought your shoes were supposed to hurt (what a goof!)
15. He got a tattoo (see photo above) with our son Victor on Victor's 18th birthday. Now he thinks he's a tough guy - LOL!
16. I'm only the 5th person he ever dated (don't ask how many people I dated)
17. He can't cook anything except frozen pizza
18. He hates crowds and being anywhere around groups of people. He doesn't even like to go out with his friends to have a beer. He prefers to be home.
Well, that's it for this hubby. If you visit Amy's blog you can get links to read about other hubby's in blog-land.
16 comments:
What a great idea to blog about your hubs. I would love any excuse to brag on my hubs too. Aren't we lucky to have such great ones?
Your hubs sounds like a wonderful man! He is lucky to have YOU!
I just hopped over from Amy's blog and enjoyed reading about your hubby and the love you have for him. Great post! :)
Angie in OH
I laughed out loud at a few of these things:-) The shoes cracked me up. I could say dito on #18 for my husband too. I'm so glad you participated in Meet Your Husband Day, it was great to get to know your guy!
It must be the construction gene that causes our husbands to be only able to cook frozen pizzas.
I love this idea! So fun! It must be so nice to have a handy husband! I'm just glad our dads are very handy. :)
LOL - My husband can't have anyone touch his feet! Loved your post today - what fun.
I'm off to Home Goods today at your mentioning it yesterday. My wallet thanks you!
Tanya
Just popped in from Amy's site.
Loved reading about your husband! Funny about his shoes... Oh, and I have a veggie issue in my household, although after 19 years of marriage, he is beginning to break down.
Great read!
That's great that your husband (and you) are so good at rehabbing homes! We are sort of handy (enough) but we don't knock down walls or remodel kitchens or anything big like that;)
Enjoyed your story, nice to meet you,
Bella
I love number #6 - how sweet! Loved hearing about your hubby. :)
Well it's nice to meet you Mr. Hubby...he sounds like a really swell guy. And that "handy" part comes in REALLY handy. Think of all the money and frustration you save by not having to hire help!
# 14 is hilarious and # 13 is quite interesting!! I enjoyed reading your post. KV
What interesting facts! Glad he's so handy around the house. That's a blessing for sure.
:)
What a great idea! It's fun to hear about the "other half" so to speak! Sounds like a great guy :)
Sounds like a great hubby! Neat idea blogging about the husband! I may have to do that next week!
what a great idea to share your husbands! I think it makes you appriciate him more too! :)
I think our husbands would get along. Mine loves to build and fix things and has a definite aversion to veggies!
PS--love the tattoo!
Post a Comment