Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday's and I give Thanks...


Yes, yet another of my family members is celebrating a birthday. Today is actually my nephew Nyco's birthday (#12) and my cousin Stefanie's birthday (#26). Happy birthday to you, Nyco and Stefanie!!




Today, as Thanksgiving rapidly approaches and as I feel weighed down by troubles and responsibilities, I wanted to remind myself that I am blessed and should be grateful and thankful.

Today I feel Thankful...

that I have a warm home to live in

that I have 3 healthy children

that I have both of my parents alive and well

that I am able to stay home to be the "family manager"

that I am sleeping in my bedroom again

that I have the freedom to celebrate my faith in my Lord, Jesus Christ

that I have the ability to love

that I am loved

that I have already started shopping and decorating for Christmas

that I am taking time daily, just to "be"

9 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Happy Birthday! Hey there! I'm visiting from SITS. Gotta Great Giveaway Goin' over at My Place. Please stop by when ya can!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

THANK YOU for the wonderful post!

nikkicrumpet said...

I love your list of thankful fors...there are so many things we are blessed with each day. The health of our family is the biggie! And I gotta say...your "postal ho" comment is gonna be cracking me up ALL DAY! Thanks for making me laugh!

Amy said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for reminding me of all the good things in life.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Great post, thanks!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful list to be thankful for!

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed your thankfuol list. Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I am thankful for all the comment love from such wonderful SITSta's.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. You are blessed my dear~

Rhea said...

Happy Birthday to your niece and cousin!

I love thankfulness posts. Really nice.