So, what do you think????
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The Big Reveal (Phase 1)
Finally the bedroom is at a point where we can at least sleep in it again. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I desperately need artwork! We still have to purchase the sconces and lamps. I also need accessories. The doors are not up either, nor is the baseboard and the ceiling trim is not finished (because of the doors), so we still have a ways to go. I did not make the headboard or platform for the bed yet (also to come) but progress has been made. Now, I realize that there is much debate on ceiling fans, but when it all comes down - I like them. I would much prefer to have the windows open and a fan blowing than all that a/c in the summer months, so I opted for a ceiling fan. If I someday change my mind, I can always have a ceiling light in it's place.















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Wow ~ it looks like a cozy place to nestle, Suzann. And that ceiling is lovely!
Tanya
Looks great! Love the fan and ceiling and bedding and EVERYTHING! Looks so good!
Wow.. I think it is beautiful~
Your room is really nice. I like the space above the closet. What do you plan for it?
Hi Suzann,
That is a big project but everything is coming together nicely.I love the ceiling.We have beadboard on our kitchen porch and
bathroom ceilings ,good way to cover cracked ceilings in an older home.Thank you so much for all your nice comments. I am guilty of being a lazy blogging friend.
Take care,
Carolyn
I love those wooden doors and ceiling. Very pretty.
Ahhhh, back in your own room. Been there. How awesome too that it is so GREAT! I hear ceilings are the new "5th wall".
Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!
Hi Suzann!
LOVING the room! :-)
Read your comment about wanting dark kitchen cabinets and saw this article that I thought you might like to read:
Small-Space Sin #3: Being Afraid of the Dark
Star of HGTV's popular Divine Design, Candice Olson wants to bust the myth that dark colors make a room look small. "That's really not the case," she asserts. "I love to use darker colors in small spaces. It's not the color that makes a room look small -- it's the contrast."
The busy Canadian designer and author of Candice Olson on Design explains: "There's a lot of contrast between the horizontal plane of the floor, the vertical color that might be on the walls and the more-than-likely white that's painted on the ceiling. So if you do opt for a dark color, it's the way the eye jumps from one plane to another that causes the room to look small." If you want to go dark or more dramatic, keep the contrast low, Olson advises: "Take the wall color onto the ceiling or use a shade that's two or three shades lighter than the walls on the ceiling so it keeps the contrast levels down."
:-)
Layla
Love the ceiling....love the bedding. It's going to be marvelous when you get it all finished! It must feel so good to have it this far!
That ceiling is beautiful!!
I love the ceiling! What a lovely room! Such a beautiful canvas that is just waiting for your stitching! Can't see what you've picked to put up!
Great job , love that ceiling , I can not stop looking at mine still! lots of work but so worth it .
Looking good. Love the ceiling a lot!!!!!!!
Morning Suzann! Wow all your hard work is paying off! Very nice and fresh! Love the ceiling; and I too love fans!!! Need them at my age!lol love the color of the bulbs too! Very nice job!!! Sincerely, Jeannette
Your bedroom looks really great!! Looks like you put in a lot of work!
LOVE IT!!! That ceiling is fantastic, and the decor is so peaceful and chic. LOVE IT!
Love all of the soothing colors! It looks great!
You are really working hard and the bedroom is looking fabulous! Doesn't it feel good to see it all come together? I am taking it a step at a time too and that is okay. Are you already decorating for Christmas or are you keeping those ornaments out because of the perfect match of color in your room?
Hugs ~
Heidi
Oh how beautiful, so pretty, and cozy, It will be wonderful to crawl into your bed and see all your hard work paid off. BTY, love the dancing!!
I love, love, love the ceiling!
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment