Thursday, October 16, 2008

From the Files of Mr. Big


Okay, so we call my wee one Mr. Big.  Always have.  But, that's not important.  
This kid is a hoot and cracks me up all day every day.  
Today was yet another nightmare day in  my week and frankly, I'm ready to chuck
it all, jump on a Harley and disappear.  I'm dreaming of getting a teeny tiny place to 
live in the middle of nowhere, where I can be no-one, and serve pie and coffee at a 
local diner.  LOL.


So, I feel the need to share a few funnies from the files of Mr. Big.
We have lost 2 dogs in the past 3 months which is tough on a family.  We still have
3 dogs here.  Our dog Rocco is a spunky little puppy who is quite frisky (a.k.a. horn-dog).
Shelby has been in heat lately and it's been really rough keeping Rocco off of her.

Here is a conversation Big and I had while walking to school this week...

Big:  Mom, Rocco was humping Shelby again today.

Me:  Big, don't talk about that.

Big:  Well, I think I know why he's always doing that.

Me:  Huh?  Why do you think he's doing that?

Big:  Well, I think he wants to have more dogs at our house because he misses Max and Sugar.

Me:  Oh.  You think so, huh.?

Big:  Yup.  Only, I don't think he knows that the shot they gave Shelby means she can't have any puppies.

Me:  Sweetie.  Shelby didn't get a shot like that, they have to do an operation.

Big:  An operation?  I know the vet gave her a shot the last time we were there.  I thought it was for puppies.  What kind of an operation?

Me:  Well, they need to take out her female parts from the inside.  

Big:  So, she's gonna be a boy dog?

Me:  No sweetie, she'll still be a girl, she just won't be able to have puppies.

Big:  What about Rocco?

Me:  Well, he needs to have an operation too.

Big:  What will they do to him?

Me:  They will need to remove his testi...(you get the idea)

Big:  His WHAT?

Me:  (insert an embarrassing chat about genitalia)

Big:  Are you SERIOUS?

Me:  Yes dear.

Big:  Screams in pain and bends in half while begging me to "Say it isn't so! Mom!!"

Me:  Sorry Big.  It is what it is.



Big's joke of the night...

Big:  Mom, I'd like to return my butt.  

Me:  What?  Why?

Big:  It's got a crack in it.


Have a great night!!

11 comments:

abeachcottage said...

what a funny read! aren't they hilarious?

Sarah

Rebecca Jo said...

Hello SITSta!!! You were the comment in front of mine! Love your blog though....this story is hilarious! Oh, the conversations we can have with kiddos....they make life fun!

Susie said...

Tooooo Funny!!! Where exactly do you return a butt? Hee, hee, hee:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I laughed right out loud!! I started writing down these funny things our kids say. I just know that one day I'll look back on them and laugh yet again! Thanks for sharing your day - love the kitties too!

Hugs,
Erin

Kasey said...

Hello Suzann,
I am at my current location till mid Nov.
My new location will be announced soon.
Thanks for the lovely wishes.
Kasey

Anonymous said...

Morning Suzann! They say laughter is the best med so THANKS for my morning dose!!! Out of the mouths of babes!!! Very very cute story! The cat pic is adorable too! Can you stop by and pick me up on your way to that diner! I kinda feel the same way right now!lol lol Have a great weekend - sounds like you need a deserved break! - Til later - Jeannette

Anonymous said...

haha...that is a great joke! And that is a cute story! I'm sure explaining that was a lot of fun!!

Liz Harrell said...

So so glad I'm not the only one who has entire conversations with my dog. :)

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh my heck...that is so dang cute it makes me wish mine were little again....oh wait...no it doesn't! But he is still adorable. The butt joked "cracked" me up hehe

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thank you for your extremely kind comment on my Site today. It makes me happy that people love to read my 'Wednesdays...' posts.
AND...thank you for sharing this hilarious post of yours today. I think God sent these precious innocent little ones to brighten this sometimes dark and dreary world. I'm always happier when I've been around children.
Thanks again,
Mary Lou

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

What a HOOT little Mr. Big is!!