So the other night I had my 2nd meeting with the personal trainer at the gym.
This time she was giving me some instruction on weights and muscle building.
I haven't lifted weights in about 9 years.
The weight section of the gym is intimidating for someone like me.
The word "fear" barely justifies my feelings about this meeting.
We did a few exercises with free weights.
A few exercises with a weight machine.
Some insane exercises with ball.
The trainer said she was amazed at how precise my form was.
She was proud.
I was proud.
I overcame my fear, I tried and I kicked butt.
The day after? My muscles were a bit sore.
What a great feeling.

3 comments:
Yes, you go girl! I totally understand, but the weights are your friend. The ball on the other hand...I'm not so sure about. I've been lifting weights again too. I was the only girl in that section of the gym today, and I'm a granny! Yikes... Have a great day. Mumzie
I'm so proud of you! You are inspiring me to get my butt back over to the gym more consistently; it's just hard with my schedule. I love that feeling after a good workout, though. You're gonna be smokin' hot, chicka!
I am so happy for you!! Aching is a good thing!! You are getting what you should out of your workout.
I have a bit of a problem with my back right now, but as soon as it gets back to normal, I am getting on an exercise routine. You are a great inspiration! ;-)
xoxo
Janie
Post a Comment