Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tales From The Treadmill



Oh the people that you meet when you're...

Okay, not actually meet, but I did lose my mind and opened my mouth and words came out to a very hot guy on the treadmill next to me the other night.  I'm still floored that I did that.  But, while walking on the treadmill, rockin' out to Eric Hutchinson (my new fave song to "walk" to) in walks Kimbo Slice.  Once in the building he yells (to where I heard him OVER my music)  "Welcome to Lifetime!!  Let's Work-Out".  I'm starting to think this guy is unstable.  So, I kinda jumped, yanked an ear-bud out of my ear and looked over my right shoulder.  And there Kimbo was downstairs at the front desk checking in.  (the gym is completely open from the entry to the glass roof on the second floor and you can see up or down) And I looked at the guy next to me, also wearing a big grin, and I blurted out "That guy does something crazy every day I swear".  UGH.  Put me under a rock please.  LOL

Let's move on to something less embarrassing. (for me)

No neck treadmill jumper dude.  This guy is a hoot and a half.  He's built like a wrestler.  No neck.  And he always wears a hoodie.  I want to play Rocky theme music for him.  But, apparently he's not satisfied with one treadmill.  He's on one, gets off, gets on another one, gets off, finds another one...You get the picture.

You can take the girl out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the girl.  Oh this girl is a trip!  She wears waaaaaay too much make-up and jewelry galore.  I mean, who wears jewelry to the gym?  We're talking full on too.  Bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, etc.  All gold and several of each.  And her hair.  Oh her hair.  Can you say fried and perm?  If it's not a perm then forgive me, but ewwwwwwwww fried.  And the fingernails on this girl!  I bet if we went to her house we'd find mauve and grays and so fabulous 80's garb.  I want to see them grab her for a make-over.  Please, someone???

White dress shirt and sweater vest asian dude.  Oh my.  I swear he was wearing a WHITE dress shirt.  Collar, buttons, a true dress shirt.  I'm all about rocking what ya got, but I would hate to be his cleaner!  That shirt has got to be nasty after a workout.

Got dressed in the closet girl.  Grass green pants and a funky colored bluish shirt.  Okay, again, let me stress that I'm all about rocking what ya got, but can we at least coordinate?  I'm not asking for much here - just make sure your bottoms go with your tops.  I don't want to go all Garanimals on ya, but I can. Some things just don't go together.  Her outfit was really quite shocking and I was, well, embarassed for her.


There are so many many more stories.  Every day I see a few more interesting people.  I'm never at a loss for entertainment.

3 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love to read your tales from the Treadmill. I think it should be a book, Suzanne....a funny one too.

I can just visualize all those and I'm thinking maybe I might be that 80's girl! LOL just joking but I do still love the music and lots of music.

Jennifer

It' an Evolution said...

What a hoot...
Gyms are a great source of entertainment.
Janet

Heather said...

This is God's gift to you, your ability to find humor while sweating off the pounds. You know that, right?

Your stories are awesome! Wish we could go to the gym together...