Monday, May 10, 2010

God Speak


Okay, I admit, I've struggled in my relationship with the Lord sometimes.

Since we moved to this house I have had difficulty feeling comfortable at church.

I missed my old church.

My old pastor.

But, it's just too far to travel.

So, I kinda fell apart.

But, I'm getting back to church.  Letting my new church become the home that my old church was.

Not easy, but necessary.

So, yesterday during praise and worship, I felt my heart crying out to God.

It was during this time that I heard God speak to me.

He does that ya know.  If only we're listening.

I'm not really good like that.

I kinda wish he'd just leave me a post-it note on the bathroom mirror so I knew exactly what he was trying to tell me.  Funny thing, he doesn't do post-its.

Anyways...

So yesterday God told me that I have to seek him.

I have to spend time in his word every single day.

I have to spend time in prayer daily.

And ya know, I knew completely that he was right.

I'm glad I was listening.

2 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

You are so right.

Churches may not fit us; but God is always there and always near to us and He will see that we get fed what we need to get fed -- no matter where we are.

I'm sure that seeing as He's knows which church you're in, that He has wonderful things in store for you.

How sweet it is to find Him, huh!

Heather said...

We have "outgrown" our church, and are looking for a new one right now. I dread it. It's so hard to find the right "fit".

But God is everywhere, as long as we choose to seek Him. Although I'm with you; I wish He'd leave a post-it note for me, too.