Monday, April 19, 2010

Parenthood...

So, the past 5 days or more I have had parenthood on the mind.

I also seem to be bombarded with examples of parenthood every place I turn.

I didn't choose parenthood, it found me.  I'm not complaining.  God knew what he was doing and I love being a mom.

I don't have a relationship with my parents.  I don't talk about it.  I've come to a healthy place in that situation and it's all okay now.  

Here are some examples of where I've cried lately about parenting...

This is O'Neill and his daughter Sunshine and they are on the current biggest loser together.  I am blown away by how much he loves her.  He won a car and without so much as taking a breath, announced that the car would be Sunshine's.  Yes.  I cried.


Then I watched Parenthood (the old movie) and I cried and cried (again).  

Of course, I laughed too.



But, parenthood is like that, dontcha think?

Laughing, crying, frustrations, unexplainable joys...

A roller-coaster ride.

In my parenting journey, I have recently experienced a great deal of changes recently.

I'll be sharing them soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely highs and lows every day - a roller coaster ride :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Great post. I share your sentiments totally. The one constant thing is the love.

xoxo
Jane

Heather said...

Roller coaster.

Wonderful analogy.

Right now I'm on the uphill, with some occasional loop-de-loops. Not really looking forward to the downhill parts...

What kind of changes? Hmmm?

Martha said...

It will be great to read about your changes:)

Martha said...

Yikes that commented before I was done...

but those are great moments you talked about with parenthood and I haven't even barely touched it with my oldest being 4 and youngest 2