Thursday, November 12, 2009

Talkin' on Thursday





Lately I'm rambling.

I ramble to myself.

About lots of things and about nothing at all.

My mind is racing lately.




I need something, but I'm not sure what that is.

Inspiration?

The nerve to jump in with both feet and just go for it?



Do you ever feel this way?

Do you look around your home and think - I need a change.




Do you say to yourself - this is isn't working for me.




Somedays I feel like it's everything here.

Somedays I feel like maybe it's just "this" or "that".



I'm feeling like there's something wrong with me because I can't make a decision.

Maybe I love too many looks.



Maybe I love too many colors.

I so hope I'm not alone in my thoughts.

So, I ask you....




Do you love to change colors with seasons or do you jump in and commit to a color?

Do you paint everything white or neutral and have bins of things for seasons or do you live with the same items all year?




I'm struggling with everything lately - from floors and paint to pillows and cabinets.

Commitment or Change - how do YOU choose?

6 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

When I downsized 3 yr ago to a small townhouse, I painted my downstairs in the same lovely, calming green (w/ some variation in shades) & the kitchen a lovely buttery yellow which looks great next to it. (The bedrooms are different colors.) But yes, every now and then, I want to change something up. I'm looking for wallpaper for one wall in my living room; & someday I'll have crown molding in the dining room. But for now, I have to go with rearranging my furniture and changing pillows, throws, etc.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Suzann,
We down-sized fourteen years ago and since then, I have been changing and rearranging every few years. We moved around for many years so I never got sick of my home. But now, being in the same small house for so long, makes me wanting change every few months. I am very limited but I do so enjoy something new, even if it's a bouquet of flowers for the coffee table. Of course with Christmas coming, I get to change everything. *smile* Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Girl, I jump on with both feet!! yeehaww...I LOVE color, can't live without...i have crocdile smile in my room and it is LOUD and so me at times...down stairs is a little less loud, but all the same...I stick with what I know, I can't do all white, or modern or grey, just not me!! good luck, but remember paint is cheaper then buying a new couch you hate! roll with it, rock it!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm always changing my mind about what I want. So I stick to a back drop of cream and white. But for christmas this year I'm wanting a little color and for everything to feel really cozy! I feel the way you feel all the time!

Rue said...

Hi Suzann :)

You're not alone! It makes it easier to find inspiration now that we have Blogland, but it's also harder to make a decision. I've thought for a brief minute of going all white, but that would mean painting everything and I'm not painting grandma's furniture no matter what's in style LOL I know how to stay true to me and my style and I can incorporate things to keep it all up to date without breaking the bank, but sometimes it can be hard. Just go with what you love and you can't go wrong ;)

rue

Sue said...

I am so right there with you. Too many ideas and not enough motivation for me. I used to be able to jump right in and get a project started and see it through. Not any more and I don't know why....
Hugs,
Sue